Tel: (011) 339-4911
Fax: (011) 339-5080/339-6940
Email: patrick @ cosatu . org . za
For comments on the website email: email@example.com
Joint Statement of the Ten-Aside meeting of the Alliance in Mpumalanga
12 September 2012
The African National Congress held a ten aside meeting with alliance partners SACP, COSATU and SANCO, on Monday 10 September 2012. This meeting came as part of the continuous joint political assessment of our programmes, campaigns and the political state of affairs in the province, both organizationally and in government.
This meeting made serious account and assessment on amongst others, the workings of the alliance in the province. It appreciated that from where we come from, the unity and cohesion of the alliance has come under strain, and that this state of affairs was untenable.
The alliance meeting then unanimously reaffirmed the assertion in the strategy & tactics discussion document towards the 53rd National Conference that, the unity of ANC, the unity of the alliance, and the unity of South African people is of absolute necessity now more than any time in history, as we advance the National Democratic Revolution, in addressing racialized and gendered poverty, unemployment and inequality.
In light of the abovementioned state of affairs, the meeting resolved as follows:
- That alliance partners as led by the ANC will intensify joint political programmes, to strengthen unity and cohesion of the alliance
- That the defence of our unity was a collective responsibility and will be protected jealously, particularly as we prepare for the 53rd National Conference in Mangaung
- That we will defend the leadership as elected at the 52nd National Conference in Polokwane.
- That a special Provincial General Council will be held to officially pronounce our provincial nominations of the National top 6 officials and the NEC collective after branch nomination process scheduled to start October 2012. Further that our agreed upon approach to leadership selection will be based on continuity and change.
- That as the South African Communist Party approaches its annual Red October celebrations, joint political programmes and campaigns will be necessary, as the way of strengthening unity and cohesion
- That SANCO shall receive material and political support from all alliance partners, in making sure that its provincial structure is launched by October 2012
- That joint political deployment and redeployment was reaffirmed amongst alliance partners
- That as we march towards the conclusion of the centennial celebration in January 2013, joint political classes, and centenary lectures will be held across the province.
Accordingly the meeting further noted that as we celebrate our centenary, membership in province has increased by 70 453 members since the Polokwane Conference in 2007 which is currently 105 820 members in good standing.
We therefore conclude by wishing our matriculants all the best, as they prepare for their all important Matric exams later this year. We further trust that government has made all necessary arrangements to make certain of a smooth examination process.
Issued By; ANC, SACP, COSATU and SANCO
For further information contact: The Provincial Secretaries;
ANC Provincial Secretary
Lucky Ndinisa (078 3348164)
SACP Provincial Secretary
Bonakele Majuba (082 968 4877)
COSATU Provincial Secretary
Fidel Mlombo (082 719 5699)
Acting SANCO Provincial Secretary
M. Phetla (083 558 9318)
Any other information contact: ANC Provincial Spokesperson Siphosezwe Masango (082 374 9097) and SACP spokesperson Lesetja Dikgale (076 869 4360)
And ANC Provincial Media Liaison Officer: Sibusiso Themba(082 9615080)