Tel: (011) 339-4911
Fax: (011) 339-5080/339-6940
Email: donald @ cosatu . org . za
For comments on the website email: email@example.com
COSATU Medium Term Budget Policy Statement Submission to Parliament
COSATU will present its submissions on government's 2017/18 Medium Term Budget Policy Statement at 10am today, at the Old Assembly Chamber, Parliament. Our submission includes key concerns and proposals that workers have with regards to:
- The governance crises in the state and state owned enterprises, in particular SAA, SABC, SASSA, Eskom, PRASA, SSA and Denel.
- SOE bail outs and attempts to raid the PIC.
- The economic crisis with a rising unemployment rate of 36.2%.
- The need for a Presidential Jobs Summit and Economic Stimulus and Jobs Creation Plan.
- State expenditure and debt levels.
- Nuclear energy and electricity tariffs.
- The SASSA outsourcing debacle.
- The need to fast track the rolling out of a pro-poor NHI.
- School infrastructure delays.
- The need to deliver free and affordable tertiary education.
- The need for a national water crisis plan.
For more information please call - Cde Matthew Parks-COSATU Parliamentary Coordinator
Tel: 021 461 3829
Cell: 082 785 0687