Tel: (011) 339-4911
Fax: (011) 339-5080/339-6940
Email: donald @ cosatu . org . za
For comments on the website email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COSATU North West declares its readiness to bring Mahikeng into a stand still on September 27
22 September 2017
The Congress of South African Trade Unions in the North West will be having a national strike march on the 27 September 2017 at Mafikeng.
We are expecting all workers and the communities of the Province to join us when we march against state capture, corruption, job losses and all other substantive issues that affect our members and the community at large.
The march will start from the Montshiwa stadium at 09h00 and proceed to the North West Legislature to hand over a memorandum.
Our demands will be the following:
- Corruption across the Departments and municipalities.
- Failure to fill vacant positions in some departments.
- Banning of Labour broker
- Reduction of expensive Swartruggens toll gates
- The investigation of Gupta wedding which was held at sun city
- Job losses/ retrenchments
- Prohibiting eviction on farms
- Implementation of NHI
- Implementation of Free Education for the poor
- Payment of rural allowance and other incentives for educators
- Lack of enforcement and inspection by labour inspectors at workplaces
- Safety of mineworkers
Cosatu is expecting the following employers to receive memorandums on the Day of the Action.
- The Premier
- Department of Labour
- Chamber of mines
- Sun International( Sun City CEO)
Issued by COSATU North West
For more information contact:
COSATU North West Provincial Secretary
Cell: 082 463 1840/071 489 1384