Tel: (011) 339-4911
Fax: (011) 339-5080/339-6940
Email: donald @ cosatu . org . za
For comments on the website email: email@example.com
Media Centre | COSATU Press Statements
COSATU North West to hold a Provincial Shopstewards Council tomorrow
12 September 2017
The Congress of South African Trade Unions in the North West Province will be holding its Provincial Shop stewards council which will be attended by 1 000 shop stewards from all Affiliates tomorrow. The Provincial Shop stewards council is taking place at Coligny tomorrow (13 September 2017) at 10h00 at Saamwerk Hall.
The council is convened to evaluate campaigns of the federation and intensify its mobilisation towards the National strike to take place on the 27 September 2017.
The Council is taking place after the Central Committee, Central Executive committee and the Provincial Executive committee, therefore shop stewards will get an update on all campaigns the federation is taking forward, amongst others, on the following aspects;
• National strike on state capture and corruption
• International action of decent work
• Fighting for job losses and exploitation of workers
• Organising unorganised workers in all sector/ factories in the Province
• Fighting for restructuring and outsourcing of all services
• Implementation of NHI
• Fighting for health and safety of workers at workplaces
• Stopping evictions and killing of farms / workers in particular
• Fighting racism and Gender Based Violence
• Intensifying of support of Deputy President – Cyril Ramaphosa to become the President of both ANC and state
• Fighting for reduction of Swartruggens toll gates
• Burning of labour brokers.
• Free Education
After the shop stewards council, we will be marching to Coligny Magistrate court to hand over memorandum to NPA to put pressure on them to charge the two white people ,who are allegedly involved on the matter of Matlhomola Mosheu and other cases ,wherein blacks have been shot and no action has been taken or if taken perpetrators are given bail.
We call upon all resident of Coligny to join our march from 13h00 to Magistrate court.The Council will be addressed by Cosatu National Office Bearers and Alliance partners
We request all media houses to come and cover the council.
For more information contact
Provincial Secretary Job Dliso
Cell: 071 489 1384/082 463 1840