Tel: (011) 339-4911
Fax: (011) 339-5080/339-6940
Email: donald @ cosatu . org . za
For comments on the website email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Centre | COSATU Press Statements
COSATU Free State’s Expectation from the State of the Province Address
17 February 2017
COSATU Free State expects a lot from the upcoming State of the Province Address to be delivered by Premier Ace Makgashule. Below is a list the workers expectations from the SOPA.
- We expect a clear plan to build our provincial economy through industrialization and SMME’s to create jobs
- We need a strategy to change the face of the former homelands (i.e. Qwaqwa, Botshabelo and Thaba Nchu), because they remain labour reserve centres ,with no prospects of economic development.
- We need a better poverty eradication plan in our Province
- We expect clarity on how the matter of EPWP and CWP will be handled going forward in the province. This should help resolve the problems that have been identified in areas like Maluti A Phofung
- We expect a clear strategy on how to ensure that there is sufficient staffing, sufficient equipment and consumables, including the replacement of the ageing infrastructure in the Department of Health.
- The issues of education should be dealt with so that spaces in the tertiary education institutions are increased to accommodate the ever increasing numbers of high quality matric passes
- The deployees and Public Servants in Provincial Government and Municipalities ,who do not perform should be disciplined.
- In-sourcing of services should be finalized during this current financial year and in the next financial year for Municipalities.
- A new role of FDC should be clarified because with the current trajectory the corporation will likely collapse the corporation.
We appeal to the Premier to work to increase the capacity of all institutions and managers in under the provincial government. Bureaucratic arrogance , indifference and incompetence should result in the total dismissal of those responsible for such tendencies.
Issued by COSATU Free State
Enquiries Provincial Secretary Monyatso oa Mahlatsi @051 447 5499 / 076 115 9923